Fitness and health top the list of New Year’s Resolutions each year, and for brides and grooms tying the knot in 2012, it’s no different! Whether you want to lose a few pounds, gain strength and muscle mass, or run your first road race, Edmonton’s Pure Strength Fitness is here to ensure your resolution stays on track.
I spent some time with Owner and Bridal Fitness Coach, Carlie Paxton, chatting about Pure Strength Fitness and how they can help you achieve your fitness goals. When Carlie’s done with you the only rolls at your wedding will be the ones served with dinner!
Tell us about the muscle behind Pure Strength Fitness!
I am Carlie Paxton, the owner and Bridal Fitness Coach of Pure Strength Fitness. I love being active and developed an affinity for living a healthy lifestyle at a very young age. Growing up in a family of sports minded boys, I learned very quickly how to keep up so I could get in on all the action. After seven years of personal training and working for lululemon athletica (a company full of strong, empowered women), I decided to focus my efforts on women and their fitness needs. After attending my first Bridal Expo, I fell in love with the idea of working with Brides. The thought of helping women look and feel great on their special day was very appealing to me. And here I am now…
Pure Strength Fitness is a boutique fitness studio in the West Glenora area. We provide lifestyle coaching that will help clients improve their body, mind and spirit. We offer a wide range of training options that will fit your schedule, rates that will match your budget, and a training style tailored to your individual needs.
What kind of training does Pure Strength Fitness focus on / specialize in?
We specialize in lifestyle coaching for Brides – specifically, women who want to make changes in their life to help them look and feel great for their wedding. Pure Strength Fitness has built a community of women that support and encourage each other to prepare for their wedding day.
How long before their wedding should brides and/or grooms begin a fitness program?
Whether your wedding is next year or next month it is never too late. With Pure Strength Fitness not only will we help you look and feel great for your wedding, we will improve your quality of life and help you create happy, healthy habits that you can use throughout your lifetime.
Many couples are strapped for time. How can they incorporate a fitness program into their busy lives?
If you have a full hour to be active everyday, great – but use your time wisely. Instead of training for longer periods of time, focus your efforts on working harder for shorter periods of time. The key is to keep your heart rate up for at least 30 minutes a day. Make sure your training goals are realistic. The more realistic your goals are the more sustainable and enjoyable your workouts will be. Consistency is everything.
What are your top tips for pre-wedding health and fitness?
- Never skip breakfast. Your body can go into starvation mode after 12 hours of not eating. If you go past a 12-hour period, your body starts to eat away at muscle tissue which then slows down your metabolism. A slow metabolism means unwanted weight gain.
- Watch your sodium intake. Not only is it bad for your kidneys and blood pressure, it makes your face and body retain water (so you look heavier in your wedding photos).
- Eliminate one carbonated beverage, one fruit juice or (god forbid) one Starbucks per day. This accounts for an average 1800 calories per week. At this rate in six weeks you can lose up to 3-4 pounds.
- Start today – stop putting it off.
- Add strength training into your fitness routine. Adding muscle will speed up your metabolism.
- Tell others of your physical goals. A little motivation and encouragement from those you love will help keep you on track.
Do you offer any special packages to brides and grooms-to-be?
I have packages available for Brides, Bride and Groom and Bridal Party. If you are looking to start a training program please contact me at firstname.lastname@example.org. Don’t wait to start living. Live now!
+ + + + + + + + + + +
Here’s to a happy, healthy 2012!
Edmonton Wedding Planner