Alyshea and Al-Karim celebrated their union with multiple events over a weekend in Edmonton – a destination they chose because of the recently opened Aga Khan Garden at the University of Alberta Botanic Garden.
This wedding weekend was such a delight to plan and design (and there are so many incredible details to share!) that we’re breaking it into three blog posts:
- Part 1 – The Mehndi Party at Fairmont Hotel Macdonald
- Part 2 – The Wedding Ceremony at Aga Khan Garden
- Part 3 – The Gala Reception at JW Marriott Edmonton ICE District
The festivities kicked off with a Bollywood Chic Mehndi party at Fairmont Hotel Macdonald. Guests enjoyed a custom ‘Flavours of India’ menu and could visit a draped Mehndi tent to have professional henna artists adorn their hands with beautiful designs.
The event featured dance performances, traditional Ismaili ceremonies and Vancouver’s Juno-nominated DJ A-SLAM. Stay tuned for Parts 2 and 3 coming soon…
- Wedding Planning + Design: Jennifer Bergman Weddings
- Getting Ready Location: JW Marriott Edmonton ICE District
- Mehndi Party Venue: Fairmont Hotel Macdonald
- Photography: Mango Studios
- Cinematography: A Love Story
- Live Trio: Indian Music Academy
- DJ: Divinity DJs (DJ A-SLAM)
- Florist: Fabloomosity
- Rentals: Special Event Rentals, Dress My Day, M Weddings
- Stationery: J. Gartner Studio
- Henna Artists: YEG Henna
- Transportation: Exxotic Cars
- Hair + Makeup: Nickol Walkemeyer
- Bridal Attire: Pooja Boutique
- Bride’s Shoes: Jimmy Choo
- Jewelry + Rings: Zameer Kassam
+ + + + + + + + + + +
Jennifer + Team | Jennifer Bergman Weddings
Mehndi and Sangeet Event Planner, Edmonton
I’m excited to share this chic winter wedding with you! Lindsay + Mike were married back in March at the Calgary Golf & Country Club. They took photos before the ceremony at the gorgeous Le Germain Hotel, arriving relaxed and excited to walk down the aisle.
Mark Eleven Photography was on hand to capture the beautiful moments throughout the day. (Catch more of Lindsay + Mike’s wedding on the Mark Eleven Photography Blog.) Special thanks to Tara, Angela, Alexis and Danielle for assisting throughout the weekend.
Guests wrote their advice and best wishes for the couple on black water rocks which were incorporated into a special moment during the ceremony.
Lindsay wore Melissa Sweet’s Ambrose from Priscilla of Boston. As you can see, she was the perfect picture of romance – absolutely stunning! Her lush bouquet featured roses, calla lilies, cymbidium orchids and stephanotis. All the flowers and centrepieces were designed and arranged by Amy McGilvary – the couple’s (very) talented close friend.
Lindsay + Mike wanted their reception to be warm and inviting with chic and modern décor. To achieve this vision we contrasted textured ivory linens with several black lacquer elements: chiavari chairs, charger plates and centrepiece vases. Candlelight and amber uplighting provided ambiance while a mix of round and square tables added interest and dimension to the room.
Lindsay + Mike have a penchant for Tabasco Sauce, so they provided their guests with adorable miniature bottles of the hot stuff! The ultra-modern stationery suite was designed by Box Paper Scissors.
Lindsay + Mike: Thank you for allowing us to be a part of your amazing wedding day! It was a pleasure getting to know you both – best wishes for an exciting future together!
Jennifer + Team