Posts Tagged: Alberta Wedding Planner
5 Questions to Ask Your Wedding Reception Venue
In our previous post we shared 5 Questions to Ask Your Wedding Ceremony Venue. Today we’re sharing 5 important questions to ask the venues you’re considering booking for your reception or wedding celebration.
1. What time must the event end? Are there any community noise bylaws that must be adhered to? Most commonly in Alberta we see a 1:00 AM bar closure time, but some venues choose to shut down a bit earlier than this. Other communities have noise bylaws that prohibit loud music past 10:00 PM or 11:00 PM. This can especially be true for venues located in residential areas, or backyard tented events. Check the bylaws in your area if you’re hosting an event at home.
Whyte Museum Grounds (Banff, AB) / Natalie Andrusiak
2. When can the venue be accessed for decorating? When must all items be removed? It may seem early to worry about logistics, but it is important to consider when you will be able to set up and decorate for your event, and when everything must be taken down and picked up. Most rental and decorating companies will charge a premium to come back late at night, so if your venue allows next-day pick up this can save you some cash.
50th Parallel Estate / Tara Peach
3. Is catering provided by the venue, or is external catering permitted? Are alcohol and bartending services provided by the venue, or can you bring your own alcohol and liquor license? It can be convenient when the venue provides all food and beverage services. On the other hand, choosing your own caterer and bar company offers you more control over your menu and budget. In either case, be sure to ask ahead about meal service styles (plated vs buffet vs family style) and any special must-have menu items or cultural dishes.
JW Marriott, Wayne Gretzky Ballroom / Mango Studios
4. What are the nearby options for guest parking? It is helpful to include parking details on your invitations or wedding website so guests have a heads up about parking locations, costs, walking distance to the venue, and whether they can leave their vehicles overnight. If your venue is outside of an area serviced by taxis or Uber, consider arranging shuttle bus service to provide your guests with a safe and convenient way to attend your wedding.
Aspen Valley Events / Andras Schram
5. What is included with the venue rental and what am I responsible for renting or supplying? Find out what the venue provides and what you must bring in yourselves or rent. Some examples of items you may require for your wedding reception include: chairs, tables (ask about sizes), linens, napkins, staging, dance floor, podium, AV equipment (microphones, sound system, projector, screen), dishware, flatware, glassware, candles, easels and coat racks.
Fairmont Jasper Park Lodge / Nicole Ashley Photography
+ + + + + + + + + + +
Jennifer + Team | Jennifer Bergman Weddings
Edmonton Wedding Planners, Edmonton Event Planners
The Lake House Calgary Wedding Planner: Jessica + Eric
After Jessica and Eric’s venue closed unexpectedly during the Covid-19 pandemic, plans quickly shifted and they decided to hold their wedding closer to home in Calgary, Alberta.
We transformed The Lake House from rustic hunting cabin to whimsical garden. Nine chandeliers were adorned in foliage and florals and the grand fireplace was flanked with pillars of elegant blooms. From the caricature artist, a karaoke dance party and late night bubble tea, Jessica and Eric created a personalized and memorable experience for their guests. We were giddy with excitement to see this event featured on Carats & Cake!
Their day was nothing short of the fairytale they deserved – a truly magical start to the next chapter of their love story – and we are honoured to have been a part of their Calgary wedding.
- Wedding Planning + Design: Jennifer Bergman Weddings (Lead: Suzanne)
- Ceremony + Reception Venue: The Lake House Calgary
- Officiant: Tammy Banting
- Photography: Infused Studios
- Videography: Castaño Media
- Florist: Fall for Florals
- Cake: Bake My Day
- Bubble Tea: Coco Fresh Tea & Juice
- Rentals: Modern Rentals
- Transportation: AM PM Limo Service
- Ceremony Music: Janice Pearce – Harpist
- Reception Music + Karaoke: Pez Productions
- Hair: Jessie Liao Hair
- Makeup: Yumi Shin
- Caricaturist: Rob Milton
+ + + + + + + + + + +
Suzanne, Lead Planner | Jennifer Bergman Weddings
Calgary Wedding Planner
ePlan Sessions: Virtual Wedding Planning Edmonton
Jennifer Bergman Weddings is now offering ePlan Sessions to help couples virtually plan their weddings. No need to change out of your Lulus – let’s connect from our living rooms via a Zoom call and get to work! We promise you’ll feel motivated, organized and on-track after your JBW ePlan Session.
- Are newly engaged and not sure where to begin
- Enjoy wedding planning on their own but need a little professional guidance or support from an expert
- Are unsure how to proceed with planning their wedding during COVID-19
- Have reached the final stages in their wedding planning and are worried they may have missed something important
- A full 1-hr consultation with Owner and Sr. Wedding Producer, Jennifer Bergman
- A post-call summary outlining our discussion, including a full list of actions, suggestions and links to any resources referenced
- The best venue options suited for your wedding size, style and budget
- Creation of a realistic budget and advice on how to stay on target
- Design ideas on how to bring your wedding vision to life (ie. Where can I source chiffon table runners? What are some centrepiece ideas for my wedding style?)
- Creation of a detailed timeline for your wedding day
- Other miscellaneous tips and tricks to help save you TIME and MONEY throughout your wedding planning process
- Select your desired date and time (please email us if you are unable to find something that works for your schedule and we can coordinate directly)
- Pay for your ePlan Session
- You will receive a Zoom meeting link for your chosen date/time
- ePlan Session (1 hour) – $150 + GST $112.50 + GST*
- *Save 25% on all sessions booked by May 30th, 2020!
Jennifer Bergman Weddings is Hiring!
JBW is looking to expand our team of Assistant Coordinators. We are seeking professional, enthusiastic people driven to excel in the area of wedding and event planning. This is a casual, part-time position, however opportunities for growth are always available for the right individual(s).
DUTIES + RESPONSIBILITIES
- The Assistant Coordinator provides support to the Lead Wedding Coordinator at wedding rehearsals, ceremonies and receptions.
- Wedding rehearsals typically occur on Thursday or Friday evenings and are approximately 1 hour in length.
- Most weddings occur on Saturdays and the average shift length is 7-8 hours.
- Basic décor setup and/or teardown is often required. This may involve physical work that requires light to medium lifting.
- Enthusiastic and eager to learn
- Detail-oriented with exceptional time management skills
- Excellent listener with the ability to follow direction well
- Comfortable working in a dynamic, fast-paced environment
- Ability to stay calm and composed under pressure
- Aptitude for applying creative solutions to problems
- Personable and friendly
- Service minded
- High School Diploma
- Completion of / enrollment in a post-secondary program
- Event coordination experience is considered an asset
Jennifer Bergman Weddings is an award-winning boutique wedding planning and design firm that has planned and executed hundreds of weddings and events, from the Canadian Rockies to luxurious international locales such as Los Cabos, Scottsdale and Miami.
Complete and submit an online application form by April 1, 2015. No email or phone enquiries, please.
Note: We will respond to all applications, however only qualifying
applicants will be contacted for an interview.
+ + + + + + + + + + +
Canadian Event Industry Star Award Winner: Best Wedding Under $75K
The Canadian Event Industry Awards (Star Awards) is a national award program that recognizes outstanding achievements in Canadian special events, meeting management, conference planning and exhibition management.
Last month we were honoured to attend the awards gala in Toronto and take home a Star Award for Best Wedding Under $75K! The award-winning wedding was Paula + Sheldon’s Scottsdale, Arizona soirée. This family-friendly destination wedding entertained guests over an entire weekend and provided them with the quintessential southwestern experience.
Jennifer Bergman accepting the 2014 Canadian Event Industry Star Award for Best Wedding Under $75K
Photo Credit: prombee
Photo Credit: foxbackdrop
We are thankful to work with truly amazing clients who entrust us with such important milestones in their lives, and talented industry professionals who continue to push the envelope. Congratulations to the fellow winners and nominees across all categories!
Jennifer + Team | Jennifer Bergman Weddings
Edmonton Wedding Planning + Design