Posts Tagged: wedding industry jobs
Edmonton Wedding Planner Internship Program
Jennifer Bergman Weddings is launching an Internship Program! We are seeking creative, enthusiastic people driven to excel in the area of wedding and event planning.
- The Internship Program is 12-16 weeks with an expected commitment of 4 hours per week or 8 hours every other week, Monday to Friday between 10:00 AM and 6:00 PM.
- Currently there are 2 internships available with an approximate start date of December 1, 2012.
- For the right individual(s), we are happy to work with your schedule / hours of availability.
DUTIES MAY INCLUDE
- Creating client intake documents
- Updating wedding venue and vendor databases
- Assisting with event itineraries / production schedules
- Contributing to the JBW blog and social media accounts
- Assisting with PR submissions
- Other administrative duties or special projects
- Enthusiastic and eager to learn
- Reliable / ability to work well independently
- Outstanding written and verbal communication skills
- Impeccably organized with a strong attention to detail
- Ability to interact professionally with clients and suppliers via phone, email, online and in-person
- High level of comfort using computers
- Proficiency with WordPress, Adobe Photoshop, GIMP and/or Google Sketch-up considered an asset
- High School Diploma
- Completion of / enrollment in a post-secondary program
- Event coordination experience is not required but will be considered an asset
These are unpaid internships for school credit or resume building. We are offering valuable exposure to the inner workings of a successful wedding planning business. Depending on performance, interns may be offered a part-time position as an Assistant or Coordinator.
Jennifer Bergman Weddings is an Edmonton-based wedding planning and design firm that produces stylish, ‘wow’ factor weddings worldwide.
- We have planned and coordinated over 100 weddings and events in the last four years.
- Our work has been featured in national and international wedding magazines and blogs.
- For the last two years in a row we have won the Wedding Wire Bride’s Choice Awards.
- We were recently honoured as a Top 3 Finalist in the 2012 ISES Esprit Awards for Best Wedding.
Complete and submit an online application form by November 23, 2012. No email or phone inquiries please. Internships are available on an ongoing basis. We will contact you for an interview.