Even before the COVID-19 pandemic made backyard weddings the new norm, Lisa + Alex chose to celebrate their marriage with an intimate guest list at Lisa’s childhood home. Their vision for the soirée was a relaxed evening with their favourite people, dining al fresco and dancing under the stars!
If you’re planning your own backyard affair this summer, here are some of our top tips for ensuring a successful event.
- Expert evaluation. A large, empty lawn can be deceiving – involve an expert to evaluate your space for grade and access to power, and to advise you on the right tent, layout and rental requirements.
- Bathroom basics. If you don’t like the idea of guests coming in and out of your home to use the washrooms, consider renting portable toilets. The options have expanded over the years and now there are luxury models available with fantastic lighting and ventilation.
- Be a good neighbour. If neighbours aren’t invited but may be affected by your wedding (more traffic/cars parked on the street, noise late into the evening) it’s courteous to let them know you’re hosting a big event.
- Consider guest comfort. Use your wedding invitations to inform guests the events are outdoors so they can prepare accordingly. Having sunscreen, fans, bug repellent, lap blankets and umbrellas on hand will make you the ideal host.
- Prep a ‘Plan B’. Weather in Alberta is unpredictable – be prepared for the worst case scenario. Rent extra tents in case of rain, heaters for chilly evenings and fans to help cool down a hot day.
- Hire help. You want to enjoy your wedding day so let others handle decorating, bartending, catering, serving and clean-up. Hiring professionals will allow you to relax and avoid placing this burden on family and friends.
- Wedding Day Management: Jennifer Bergman Weddings
- Officiant: Howard Saunders
- Photographer: Jacinta Daniele Photography
- Catering: Stir Catering
- Dessert Food Truck: Ohana Donuts
- Florist: Laurels on Whyte
- Rentals (Dinnerware): Special Event Rentals
- Rentals (Chairs, Tables): All West Wedding Rentals
- Hair + Makeup: Filament Hair Inc.
+ + + + + + + + + + +
Elyse, Lead Coordinator | Jennifer Bergman Weddings
Edmonton Wedding Day Management
Edmonton Backyard Wedding
Jennifer Bergman Weddings is now offering ePlan Sessions to help couples virtually plan their weddings. No need to change out of your Lulus – let’s connect from our living rooms via a Zoom call and get to work! We promise you’ll feel motivated, organized and on-track after your JBW ePlan Session.
- Are newly engaged and not sure where to begin
- Enjoy wedding planning on their own but need a little professional guidance or support from an expert
- Are unsure how to proceed with planning their wedding during COVID-19
- Have reached the final stages in their wedding planning and are worried they may have missed something important
- A full 1-hr consultation with Owner and Sr. Wedding Producer, Jennifer Bergman
- A post-call summary outlining our discussion, including a full list of actions, suggestions and links to any resources referenced
- The best venue options suited for your wedding size, style and budget
- Creation of a realistic budget and advice on how to stay on target
- Design ideas on how to bring your wedding vision to life (ie. Where can I source chiffon table runners? What are some centrepiece ideas for my wedding style?)
- Creation of a detailed timeline for your wedding day
- Other miscellaneous tips and tricks to help save you TIME and MONEY throughout your wedding planning process
- Select your desired date and time (please email us if you are unable to find something that works for your schedule and we can coordinate directly)
- Pay for your ePlan Session
- You will receive a Zoom meeting link for your chosen date/time
- ePlan Session (1 hour) – $150 + GST $112.50 + GST*
- *Save 25% on all sessions booked by May 30th, 2020!