Posts Tagged: Aspen Valley Edmonton Tented Wedding Venue
Edmonton Wedding Planner: Sabrina + Romeo
Sabrina and Romeo had planned to be wed in New York City at the Rainbow Room in April 2020…we all know how that went. Another couple’s plans deeply impacted by the pandemic, and yet another resilient and optimistic response. They moved it home to Edmonton, Canada, and with only a 6-month planning timeline we worked together to produce a very different event than they had initially envisioned.
Trading skycrapers for an entirely outdoor wedding, Sabrina and Romeo’s late summer soirée featured a mirrored aisle for their Sikh ceremony, live violinists, modern Indian cuisine, and two DJs. There was even a suprise appearance by Punjabi singer, Jazzy B! As a nod to their original venue, the Rainbow Room, we had the iconic compass featured on their dance floor.
+ + + + + + + + + + +
- Full Planning + Design: Jennifer Bergman Weddings (Jennifer)
- Venue: Aspen Valley
- Photography: Andras Schram Photography
- Videography: Parfait Productions
- Caterer: Zaika Indian Bistro
- Rentals: Special Event Rentals
- Ceremony Arch, Rentals: BASH Decor
- Florist: Fabloomosity
- Stationery / Signage: J. Gartner Studio
- Plexi Stages: Exquisite Affairs
- Cake: Brianne Gabrielle Cakes
- Cocktail Music: Charms YYC
- First Dance Singer: Lindsey Nagy Music
- DJs: Urban Beats Entertainment + Harman B
- Hair + Makeup: MADE by PG
- Vinyl Wraps, Indoor Sparklers: Talent Productions
+ + + + + + + + + + +
Jennifer, Lead Coordinator | Jennifer Bergman Weddings
Edmonton Wedding Planner
5 Questions to Ask Your Wedding Reception Venue
In our previous post we shared 5 Questions to Ask Your Wedding Ceremony Venue. Today we’re sharing 5 important questions to ask the venues you’re considering booking for your reception or wedding celebration.
1. What time must the event end? Are there any community noise bylaws that must be adhered to? Most commonly in Alberta we see a 1:00 AM bar closure time, but some venues choose to shut down a bit earlier than this. Other communities have noise bylaws that prohibit loud music past 10:00 PM or 11:00 PM. This can especially be true for venues located in residential areas, or backyard tented events. Check the bylaws in your area if you’re hosting an event at home.
Whyte Museum Grounds (Banff, AB) / Natalie Andrusiak
2. When can the venue be accessed for decorating? When must all items be removed? It may seem early to worry about logistics, but it is important to consider when you will be able to set up and decorate for your event, and when everything must be taken down and picked up. Most rental and decorating companies will charge a premium to come back late at night, so if your venue allows next-day pick up this can save you some cash.
50th Parallel Estate / Tara Peach
3. Is catering provided by the venue, or is external catering permitted? Are alcohol and bartending services provided by the venue, or can you bring your own alcohol and liquor license? It can be convenient when the venue provides all food and beverage services. On the other hand, choosing your own caterer and bar company offers you more control over your menu and budget. In either case, be sure to ask ahead about meal service styles (plated vs buffet vs family style) and any special must-have menu items or cultural dishes.
JW Marriott, Wayne Gretzky Ballroom / Mango Studios
4. What are the nearby options for guest parking? It is helpful to include parking details on your invitations or wedding website so guests have a heads up about parking locations, costs, walking distance to the venue, and whether they can leave their vehicles overnight. If your venue is outside of an area serviced by taxis or Uber, consider arranging shuttle bus service to provide your guests with a safe and convenient way to attend your wedding.
Aspen Valley Events / Andras Schram
5. What is included with the venue rental and what am I responsible for renting or supplying? Find out what the venue provides and what you must bring in yourselves or rent. Some examples of items you may require for your wedding reception include: chairs, tables (ask about sizes), linens, napkins, staging, dance floor, podium, AV equipment (microphones, sound system, projector, screen), dishware, flatware, glassware, candles, easels and coat racks.
Fairmont Jasper Park Lodge / Nicole Ashley Photography
+ + + + + + + + + + +
Jennifer + Team | Jennifer Bergman Weddings
Edmonton Wedding Planners, Edmonton Event Planners