JBW is looking to expand our team of Assistant Coordinators. We are seeking professional, enthusiastic people driven to excel in the area of wedding and event planning. This is a casual, part-time position, however opportunities for growth are always available for the right individual(s).
DUTIES + RESPONSIBILITIES
- The Assistant Coordinator provides support to the Lead Wedding Coordinator at wedding rehearsals, ceremonies and receptions.
- Wedding rehearsals typically occur on Thursday or Friday evenings and are approximately 1 hour in length.
- Most weddings occur on Saturdays and the average shift length is 7-8 hours.
- Basic décor setup and/or teardown is often required. This may involve physical work that requires light to medium lifting.
- Enthusiastic and eager to learn
- Detail-oriented with exceptional time management skills
- Excellent listener with the ability to follow direction well
- Comfortable working in a dynamic, fast-paced environment
- Ability to stay calm and composed under pressure
- Aptitude for applying creative solutions to problems
- Personable and friendly
- Service minded
- High School Diploma
- Completion of / enrollment in a post-secondary program
- Event coordination experience is considered an asset
Jennifer Bergman Weddings is an award-winning boutique wedding planning and design firm that has planned and executed hundreds of weddings and events, from the Canadian Rockies to luxurious international locales such as Los Cabos, Scottsdale and Miami.
Complete and submit an online application form by April 1, 2015. No email or phone enquiries, please.
Note: We will respond to all applications, however only qualifying
applicants will be contacted for an interview.
+ + + + + + + + + + +
The Canadian Event Industry Awards (Star Awards) is a national award program that recognizes outstanding achievements in Canadian special events, meeting management, conference planning and exhibition management.
Last month we were honoured to attend the awards gala in Toronto and take home a Star Award for Best Wedding Under $75K! The award-winning wedding was Paula + Sheldon’s Scottsdale, Arizona soirée. This family-friendly destination wedding entertained guests over an entire weekend and provided them with the quintessential southwestern experience.
Jennifer Bergman accepting the 2014 Canadian Event Industry Star Award for Best Wedding Under $75K
Photo Credit: leblond studio
Photo Credit: Stephanie Fay Photography
We are thankful to work with truly amazing clients who entrust us with such important milestones in their lives, and talented industry professionals who continue to push the envelope. Congratulations to the fellow winners and nominees across all categories!
Jennifer + Team | Jennifer Bergman Weddings
Edmonton Wedding Planning + Design
Over 75% full – don’t miss Plan Your Wedding Edmonton this Sunday, February 23rd, 2014!
+ + + + + + + + + + +
Recently engaged but not sure where to start? Have you been busy planning for a few months and need help figuring out what’s left to do before you say, ‘I do’?
Don’t miss this fun and informative workshop led by Jennifer Bergman, Lead Planner + Designer of Jennifer Bergman Weddings Inc. Plan Your Wedding Edmonton is perfect for couples who have the time (and desire) to plan their own weddings, but could use a little help along the way.
Date: Sunday, February 23rd, 2014
Time: 10:00 AM – 4:00 PM
Location: Matrix Hotel (Amber Ballroom), 10640 100 Avenue
Your ticket includes:
- Professional wedding planning guidance through a variety of topics:
- Getting started
- Navigating the guest list
- Setting and sticking to your budget
- Choosing wedding locations / venues
- Selecting your dream team of wedding professionals
- Creative ideas to personalize your wedding
- Managing wedding day logistics
- Wedding design trends for 2014/2015
- …and more!
- Planning workbook complete with checklists, budget guides and valuable resources
- Décor showcase featuring some of the latest trends in wedding design and décor, including gorgeous linens, customized stationery and centrepieces for every budget
- Personal tour of Matrix Hotel’s event spaces, guest rooms and suites
- Opportunity to have your wedding planning questions answered (and hear other couples’ questions too!)
- Delicious lunch and refreshments provided by Matrix Hotel
- Exclusive offers from Edmonton wedding vendors – valued at over $1,500!
- Aydin Wedding Films – Save $100 on your wedding film booking
- Bailey Gartner Freelance Hair Stylist – Complimentary bridal hair front wigs trial with wedding booking of 3 or more
- Delica Bridal – $40 off a bridesmaid or special occasion dress
- Erica Viegas (Singer/Guitarist) – Save $50 on your wedding ceremony music booking
- Esquire Limousine – $100 off wedding limousine package
- faBLOOMosity – Save 10% on your wedding flower order
- Glow Juicery – Buy 3 juice Cleanses get 1 FREE
- Joanna Bisley Designs – Save 15% on your wedding jewelry purchase
- Laugh Photo Booth – 15% off a wedding photo booth package
- Lunss Bridal Shop – $100 certificate towards accessories with purchase of wedding dress
- Pinkpolka Wedding Design – Save 15% on your wedding invitations / stationery order
- Premiere DJs – Save 10% on your wedding DJ package
- Special Event Rentals – Save 10% on your wedding rentals order
- The Art of Cake – Receive a complimentary 8″ bridal shower cake with your wedding cake order
- …and more!
2013 Workshop Testimonials:
“I got a lot out of the workshop – gave me a different outlook on the planning process!”
“Thank you for putting this on – it was a wonderful resource and I will definitely be going over these notes again!”
“This will definitely make my wedding planning less stressful. It helped us make decisions for our venue, décor and style!
+ + + + + + + + + + +
Please note that there are a limited number of tickets available and you must pre-register for this event. Tickets will NOT be available at the door. For more information, please contact us: info@JenniferBergmanWeddings.com / 780.298.8244.
Thank You To Our Event Partners!