Last spring’s unseasonably warm weather meant the beautiful pink blossoms were out 3 weeks early – a welcome surprise for Monica + Sam’s wedding day!
The morning of the wedding was full of festivities, as traditional Chinese Tea Ceremonies were held at both family homes. Tea is the symbol of purity, stability and fertility, and the act of serving tea to family members represents respect and gratitude for all the years of love and care they’ve shown the bride and groom.
The wedding ceremony was held at the Oasis Centre in the early afternoon, and when the bridal party departed for photos we whipped out our wedding wands and transformed the space for the reception. Romantic gold Chateau chairs and timeless ivory linens set the tone, while accents of mint, blush and peach added a hint of whimsy. The Oasis team was top-notch, as usual! We love working with this superb Edmonton wedding venue.
Food was a very important part of the celebration, as Monica + Sam love cooking together and trying new restaurants around the world. We worked with Stir Catering to design a custom 7-course meal served family style, which incorporated Chinese fusion dishes.
+ + + + + + + + + + +
- Wedding Planning + Design: Jennifer Bergman Weddings
- Photography: Nicole Ashley Photography
- Photo Booth: Ready, Set, Booth
- Videography: Ring Tail Films
- Officiant: Bill Pisarchuk
- Reception Music: Premiere DJs by Urban Metropolis (DJ Kidslim)
- Stationery: Pinkpolka Invitations & Stationery
- Florist: faBLOOMosity
- Caterer: Stir Catering
- Cake: The Art of Cake
- Décor: Special Event Rentals
- Lighting: Production Lighting
- Transportation: Esquire Limousine
- Hair + Makeup: NewHairLine
We used a warm palette of ivory, peach, copper and burgundy to enhance the aesthetic of the opulent banquet hall. Aanchal + Rajat were married under a modern Mandap covered with wavy manzanita branches and burnt orange calla lilies. Romantic rose petals and candlelight littered the stage creating a romantic ambiance.
Enjoy these beautiful images by Night and Day Photography.
Thank you, Aanchal + Rajat, for inviting us to be part of such a special time in your lives. It was an absolute pleasure to work with you and your wonderful families. All the very best in the future!
Edmonton Wedding Planner + Designer
+ + + + + + + + + + +
- Wedding Coordination + Design: Jennifer Bergman Weddings
- Photographer: Night and Day Photography
- Drapery + Lighting: QSD Event Services
- Rentals: Elegant Touches, Special Event Rentals
- Florist: La Piazza Dasee