Irene and Geoffrey’s fall wedding was nothing short of a fairytale! A horse-drawn carriage reminiscent of Cinderella was waiting for the newlyweds following their traditional Catholic ceremony at St. Joseph’s Basilica in downtown Edmonton.
Their vibrant reception at Fairmont Hotel Macdonald featured drummers, traditional African dances, indoor fireworks and a magical first dance in the “clouds.” The day’s events certainly kept us on our toes, and we were honoured to be a part of Irene and Geoffrey’s love story!
- Wedding Day Management: Jennifer Bergman Weddings (Suzanne)
- Ceremony Venue: St. Joseph’s Basilica
- Reception Venue: Fairmont Hotel Macdonald (Empire Ballroom)
- Photography: Carey Nash
- Videography: A Love Story
- Reception Music: DJ Paddy Entertainment
- Cake: Cake Affair
- Florist: Therese Lopez Florals
- Rentals: Exquisite Affairs
- Dance Floor Wrap + Sparklers: Talent Productions
- Horse-Drawn Carriage: Diamond B Ranch
- Limo: Apex limousine
- Drummers: Afrah Al Majd Group
- Hair Stylists: Hair Designs by Maggie
- Makeup Artist: Allure by Mariam
+ + + + + + + + + + +
Suzanne, Lead Planner | Jennifer Bergman Weddings
Edmonton Wedding Day Management
Set in the charming Alberta countryside, Danielle and Jason’s wedding was held on a warm summer day at The Whitewood Barn just outside of Edmonton.
After a ‘first look’ and taking photos with their wedding party, they exchanged rings and vows in a quaint clearing of pine trees adorned with café lights and rustic wooden benches. Guitarist Jeff Ramsey serenaded guests while they sipped bubbly from a boxwood champagne wall, and enjoyed tasty hors d’oeuvres by Stir Catering. After dinner, guests danced the night away under string lights and country stars.
See more of this beautiful, rustic wedding featured on the Blush Magazine blog!
- Wedding Planning + Design: Jennifer Bergman Weddings
- Photographer: Jess Leigh Photography
- Venue: The Whitewood Barn
- Officiant: Howard Saunders
- Ceremony + Cocktail Music: Jeff Ramsey
- Reception Music: DJ Kwake Entertainment
- Cake: The Art of Cake
- Catering: Stir Catering
- Florist: Laurel’s on Whyte
- Rentals: Special Event Rentals
- Bartending: Strong Bartending
- Marquee Letters: Talent Productions
- Transportation: Blue Sky Limos
- Hair + Makeup: Bliss & Glow Artistry
- Gown: Novelle Bridal
+ + + + + + + + + + +
Suzanne + Team | Jennifer Bergman Weddings
Whitewood Barn Edmonton Wedding Planner
– As featured via a collaboration with ExploreEdmonton.com –
Finding the Perfect Wedding Gown
One of the most exciting elements of planning your wedding is finding the dress of your dreams. Here in Edmonton, the wedding dress scene has blossomed, and we’re fortunate to have some stylish and savvy local boutiques at our fingertips. Before you get started, here are a few tips to make the most of your gown shopping experience:
- Shop early. Gowns can take 6 to 8 months to order; the alteration process can take up to 2 months. Keep these timeline in mind and give yourself plenty of time before your wedding day to avoid stress and costly rush charges.
- Choose your crew wisely. Too many opinions can be overwhelming and may confuse the selection process. Bring just a few of your besties or family members who will support you and your wedding vision.
- Be open minded. Don’t be afraid to surprise yourself! You might fall in love with a dress that you didn’t expect to like on the hangar.
- Set a budget. Establish a realistic budget and stick to it. It’s tempting to try on gowns that are outside of your budget but the can lead to some major disappointment.
Boutiques for Brides and Maids
Delica Bridal | Location: #108, 2951 Ellwood Drive
Delica Bridal is a sister-owned boutique for brides who want a no-fuss, relaxed experience. Known for their warm and inviting service, Delica carries a unique collection of curated gowns form exclusive and emerging designers, making it a haven for brides (and bridesmaids) who are looking for something different. Most notably, they carry the coveted Hayley Paige, Lazaro and Truvelle lines.
Novelle Bridal Shop | Location: 10553 124 Street
Located on Edmonton’s trendy 124th Street, Novelle Bridal’s gorgeous 2-storey shop features floor-to-ceiling windows and a loft dedicated to bridesmaid dresses. Personal attention is their mantra – book a complimentary one hour session, or upgrade to a Couture Consultation for an extended appointment time complete with sparkling juice and sweet treats for your entourage. Novelle now carries the coveted Berta bridal line.
Pure Bridal | Location: 11267 170 Street
Pure Bridal is an intimate bridal shop located in west Edmonton. Since their opening in 2006, they have helped thousands of brides find “the one” with exclusive and personalized service. The over-sized private change rooms offer plenty of space, providing a serene and relaxed environment. Along with carrying both bridal and bridesmaid gowns, Pure Bridal can complete your ensemble with custom made veils and jewelry.
The Bridal Boutique | Location: 10935 120 Street (New Location!)
With Lillian Bowedring and her three daughters at the helm, The Bridal Boutique has taken the Alberta wedding industry by storm with locations in both Edmonton and Calgary. Now located in the trendy Holland Plaza, they carry a stylish collection of bridal and bridesmaid gowns in all budgets, including designers Essence of Australia, Pronovias and Martin Liana.
+ + + + + + + + + + +
Jennifer + Team | Jennifer Bergman Weddings
Edmonton Wedding Planning + Design