Beena + Craig’s wedding last summer was a fusion of two diverse, vibrant cultures: East Indian and Guyanese. Living apart to pursue their careers, they opted for a longer engagement in order to pace out the wedding planning decisions. We made the most of our emails, calls and whirlwind planning weekends to arrange their festive 400-guest celebration at All Saints Anglican Cathedral and Meridian Banquets.
You can read all about this gorgeous wedding in Avenue Edmonton Magazine’s January 2014 issue. JDS Photography did a fabulous job (as usual) capturing the special moments throughout the day – enjoy a sampling of images below!
Jennifer + Team | Jennifer Bergman Weddings
Edmonton Wedding Planning + Design
+ + + + + + + + + + +
- Wedding Planning + Design: Jennifer Bergman Weddings
- Photography: JDS Photography
- Formal Gown: katebridal
- Stationery: Pinkpolka Wedding Design
- Florals: FaBLOOMosity
- Rentals: Special Event Rentals
- Lighting/Drapery: Site 6 Events
- Cake: Cake Couture
- Ceremony Music: Mathias Silveira
- Reception Music: Premiere DJs – Harman B and DJ Kwake
- Transportation: Esquire Limousine
- Bride’s Wigs+ Makeup: Niawigs
We had the pleasure of working with Zahra + Ali to design and coordinate their festive wedding weekend in June. On Friday, special celebrations were hosted for both the bride and groom. Ali’s side hosted their party at Khazana, while Zahra’s family and friends attended a vibrant event at Edmonton Hotel & Convention Centre with Indian and Moroccan inspired décor. Both parties were filled with amazing food, music and of course – dancing!
The next day, Zahra + Ali shared a ‘first look’ before their marriage ceremony at Ismaili Jamatkhana & Centre. After making it official the couple spent some time taking photos with their stylish wedding party before heading to the reception at Shaw Conference Centre’s Hall D. For this event, we opted for a sleek modern design with a palette of pewter, white and pops of fuchsia and purple. The highlight of the evening was a surprise all-male Bollywood dance performance by some of Zahra + Ali’s family and friends – you should have seen these guys move!
Mark Eleven Photography didn’t miss a moment of the festivities – enjoy a sampling of these gorgeous images!
Zahra + Ali: It was such an honour to be a part of your amazing wedding weekend – thanks for choosing JBW!
Edmonton Wedding Planner + Designer
+ + + + + + + + + + +
- Wedding Design + Coordination: Jennifer Bergman Weddings
- Photographer: Mark Eleven Photography
- Videographer: Aydin Wedding Films
- Rentals: Arlene Yam Decor, Elegant Touches, ABC Weddings
- Flowers: Akiko Floral Artistry
- Cake: Sonia Shewchuk
- Reception Music: DJ Al V
- Bride’s Hair + Makeup: Sunita Sumaru