Planning Your Wedding: Tip #8
Tip #8: Consider wedding day logistics.
Logistics are the most important consideration for making your wedding day flow seamlessly without any major hiccups. Unfortunately, this is one area that many brides just don’t spend enough time thinking about.
Your wedding is probably the biggest party you will ever host and you’re likely spending a significant amount of money on the event. It only makes sense to hire an experienced professional to oversee it. Most wedding planners offer some form of Wedding Day Management – often referred to as wedding day or wedding month coordination. Having a professional step in 4-8 weeks before your wedding is extremely beneficial – not only for the sanity of you and your fiancé, but it is also a wonderful gift to your parents and bridal party.
If you’re skeptical about whether you need a coordinator, ask yourself who is going to do the following on your wedding day:
- Locate your V.I.P.s and pin on their boutonnieres / corsages
- Cue the wedding party processionals
- Hand tissue to your father before he walks you down the aisle
- Glue your false lashes back on if they come loose
- Fix your bustle if it breaks
- Light all the candles in the room before guests enter
- Cue your grand entrance into the reception
- Liaise with the venue for food and bar service
- Ensure your cards and gifts are put in a safe place once the reception begins
- Brief the M.C. before the wedding to ensure he or she knows what’s required of them
- Orchestrate the bouquet / garter toss, cake cutting, etc.
The above items are just a few examples of how a coordinator works behind the scenes to manage the details of your wedding day while you soak in every wonderful moment.
Check back Friday to read our last wedding planning tip and to enter our lucky + in love contest!
Photo Credit: Shandro Photo.