Wedding Thank You Speech Guideline
Everyone wants to hear from the bride + groom on their special day. Take this time to express gratitude to all the people who contributed to your wedding – whether through emotional or financial support.
I can’t stress how important it is to prepare your speech ahead of time – don’t leave it to the last minute! Simply jotting down a few notes will help ensure you don’t forget anyone in the heat of the moment. Here is a guideline for consideration:
- Thank guests for coming
- Special thanks to out-of-town guests, especially those who have travelled a long way
- Make mention of special people who could not be at the wedding or who have passed away
- Minister / officiant
- Venue / venue manager / chef / serving staff
- Wedding vendors, such as the photographer, musicians, etc.
- Ceremony readers / candle lighters
- Guestbook attendants
- Friends or family members who have helped with wedding preparations (eg. aunt made cake, cousins helped assemble invitations)
- Wedding party: bridesmaids, groomsmen, flower girl(s), ring bearer(s)
- Thank each other
Edmonton Wedding Planner