glam: full of glamour; fascinating; alluring; glittering; prestigious; Hollywood.
Let’s face it – every bride wants a bit of glamour on her wedding day! Here are 5 ways to get you thinking about how you can turn heads at your reception.
- Consider your colours: When I think “glam” I think classic with a punch of extravagance. Trendy colour combinations can certainly be incorporated into a glam wedding, however I recommend focusing on classic palettes, adding hints of daring colours sparingly. Some examples include black and white with a touch of eggplant purple, or pairing silver and ivory with deep red.
- Add ambience: The atmosphere and feeling of your event are key. Spend some time planning elements such as lighting and music to ensure your guests enjoy your wedding just as you’ve envisioned.
- Think distinct: Adding a unique element to your wedding will make it memorable for your guests. Change up the typical reception format by putting speeches before dinner; surprise guests and your fiancé by hiring a live pianist or singer for your first dance; include a self-serve sundae bar as part of the midnight lunch.
- Go for glitz: Rhinestones, crystals and metallics – when done tastefully – can really add a lot glamour and elegance to a wedding. Incorporate a few of these elements into your table design or centerpieces, or bedazzle your bridal party and bouquets.
- Fancy fabric: Quality linens – tablecloths, overlays, runners, napkins, chair covers – can take your wedding reception from ordinary to extraordinary! At most weddings, guests spend a lot of time at their seats, so focus on making the tables look amazing. Textured or coloured linens can dramatically change a room and are an excellent way to incorporate your wedding theme and colours.