This wedding is very special to our team as the beautiful bride was one of our own. Kelsey began working as an intern at JBW and learned quickly, taking on the role as Assistant Wedding Coordinator. She met Dean as part of her own whirlwind love story and moved to Northern Alberta to be with him, sadly leaving the JBW team – but we were so happy for her new adventure! A couple years later we were honoured to be asked to coordinate Kelsey + Dean’s wedding at Buffalo Mountain Lodge in beautiful Banff, Alberta.
Kelsey + Dean chose to do a first look and take their photos before the ceremony. This is a great idea for a destination wedding, as it allows guests to enjoy their day and explore the local attractions. After the most touching and heartfelt ceremony (for real, we were blown away!), guests enjoyed cocktails while we transformed the Wapiti Room for dinner. Ash grey linens and wooden chiavari chairs complemented the rustic setting, while gold mercury accents and soft blooms in creams and blush added romance and elegance.
The stone fireplace was covered in candlelight, and the wedding party sat in front of it at a grand King’s Table – which only partially collapsed due to a faulty table leg! We can laugh about it now as no dresses were harmed during this incident – and what’s a wedding without a funny story to share!?
Before departing, guests were invited to enjoy Sunday brunch with the newlyweds. It was the perfect mountain wedding weekend for the most deserving couple! Enjoy these beautiful images by Nicole Ashley Photography.
+ + + + + + + + + + +
- Coordination: Jennifer Bergman Weddings
- Photographer: Nicole Ashley Photography
- Ceremony Music: Kyle Sand (Guitarist)
- Invitations/Stationery: Minted
- Officiant: Barbara Parker
- Pie Table: Buffalo Mountain Lodge
- Hair + Makeup: The Pretty Haus
- Florist: Willow Flower Co.
- Rentals: Special Event Rentals
- Transportation: Banff Transportation Group
- Gown: Pronovias from The Bridal House
- Swiss Dot Veil: Tessa Kim